Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Danny Murphy's England World Cup squad: Who goes to Russia?

Répondre au sujet    Mairie de Régny Index du Forum -> Mode d'emploi -> Poster un sujet

Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Mar - 08:45 (2018)     Répondre en citant

sbobet24 England continued their World Cup preparations with a 1-1 draw against Italy on Tuesday, but who will be in Gareth Southgate's 23-man squad in Russia? 

All nations need to submit their 30-man preliminary squad by May 14 and then have until June 4 to name a final 23-man squad for the World Cup. England play friendlies against Nigeria on June 2 and then Costa Rica on June 7. 

Goalkeepers - Hart, Pickford, Butland 
"Pickford is very good with his feet and we want to play out, so people are saying he might be No 1 because of that. I would go with Butland because I like goalkeepers to be goalkeepers first. I love his presence and he comes for stuff. They are both quality and potentially very good but I like a goalkeeper who dominates and can control things and I think Butland is better at that than Pickford. 

Defenders - Gomez, Stones, Maguire, Smalling, Tarkowski, Walker, Trippier, Bertrand, Rose 

"Smalling might not be everyone's cup of tea but he is quick, he has been there before and plays under pressure at Manchester United, so it won't phase him. At least have him there. 

"I like three at the back and the flexibility it gives them. I am not sure Gareth is completely set on what he is going to do ahead of the three but it looks like he will play the three and I like that. We are controlling the tempo of the play more. sbobet24 

"I like to see them trying to play out and I hope they have the same courage at the tournament and don't try to play percentages. I don't think this group will because they are young and most of them don't have the burden of going to a tournament with previous failures and that does become difficult. The ultimate test will be the back three or back five against the best players in the world because we are inexperienced at the back." 

Midfielders - Henderson, Dier, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Wilshere, Lingard, Sterling, Alli 

"I think there are still shirts up for grabs in the middle of the pitch and Jack is the one; if he plays the next seven or eight games for Arsenal he will start the first game at the World Cup. 

"The middle of the park will be crucial in how he sets up and who he puts in there. 

Forwards - Rashford, Kane, Vardy 
"Who is your best player? It's Kane. If he is fit play him in a role he plays for his club. If you played two up front then you are giving Kane something new. I would play him up top on his own. 

"You could play Alli and Sterling either side of him as a three. Against Italy they played Lingard in a midfield position on paper with Ox ahead of Dier. But Lingard is very clever at making runs from deep and you could argue that he would be close because he is such an intelligent player and scores big goals. He is showing a real confidence on the ball." sbobet24 

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Mar - 08:45 (2018)    

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Avr - 05:06 (2018)     Répondre en citant

Real in pole position after Asensio winner at Bayern

sbo666 Real coach Zinedine Zidane pulled a surprise before kick-off by leaving both Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema out of the starting line-up. Isco, who was replaced by Asensio at half-time, and Lucas Vazquez played either side of Cristiano Ronaldo, who had a subdued night up front in Munich. The Portuguese failed to add to his tally of 15 Champions League goals this season, being denied a second-half strike by an offside flag, which would have made it 3-1. James Rodriguez, who is on a two-year loan deal from Real, shone in Bayern's midfield and found plenty of cracks in the Madrid defence. However, this just was not Bayern's night.

Both Thomas Mueller and Robert Lewandowski went agonisingly close with a string of chances. The hosts suffered a blow with barely five minutes gone when Arjen Robben limped off to be replaced by Thiago Alcantara. Bayern changed their system with right-back Joshua Kimmich moving up to plug the space on the right wing, which sparked the opening goal.

When Bayern goalkeeper Sven Ulreich played the ball down the right flank, James released Kimmich with a perfectly-timed pass in the 28th minute. The Germany international raced clear and caught out Keylor Navas at his near post to stun Real. Bayern suffered their second early injury blow when Jerome Boateng was replaced by Niklas Suele on 34 minutes -- which is also bad news for Germany with the World Cup looming. sbo666

Real had a left-off when Ribery went one-on-one with Navas, but stumbled at the crucial moment. Then from nothing, Marcelo conjured the equaliser on 44 minutes. When Dani Carvajal headed the ball across the edge of the box, it landed at Marcelo's feet and was in Bayern's net milliseconds later after a fierce left-footed shot.

It was the Brazilian's third Champions League goal this season after also scoring in the knock-out rounds against Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus.  Real escaped again when Navas failed to hold a Lewandowski header just before the half-time whistle and the ball bobbled away to safety.  It shows how far Bale and Benzema have dropped out of Zidane's favour that Isco was replaced on the left wing by Asensio for the second half, but the move paid off. sbo666

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 15:18 (2018)    

Répondre au sujet   
Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation